Saturday, 31 December 2016

Meetings 2017

LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION                        11th September 2017
A committee meeting was held on 11th September 2017

Committee Present
Roy James, Sue James, Ruth Roberts, John James, Tony Brinsden and Mary Megarry  

Apologies
Neville Ruff, Polly Raymond, and Jill Roberts.

Matters arising

100 Club –The third draw was made during the meeting
1st prize  £30       John and Hazel James
2nd prize £20       Pam Bowen
3rd prize  £12.50  Rosemary Hinman
Balance in 100 account £686.61
Present membership levels will create a £378 transfer to hall funds for current year, Mary asked Ruth to advertise the membership in the next newsletter highlighting the increase in prizes, to attract new members.

Financial Situation – …..

Village Newsletter and Website –No issues with the website.
Ruth has produced a list of items for the next newsletter, deadline is 15th October.
The front page will feature the Hall Anniversary get together in January.
Ruth also hopes to gain advertising from Wanderers Rest and the window cleaner.
Regarding tributes, John will write a tribute for Jean Mortimer, Tony for Laura Thomas, Ruth will contact Jim Smart’s son and Jane Baron, Sue will contact Mrs Lockwood.

Kitchen Improvements – Malcolm has fitted the fan heater in the kitchen.

External and Internal Maintenance – Simon Eggington has replastered the rear store room, a great improvement. He will also repair above the emergency exit door and above the window in the kitchen.
Members of the Community Council had asked for the hedge to be cut back, to enable the top entrance to be seen more clearly from the main road. This has now been completed.
Nick Stapleton has been asked to clean the main hall carpet, this is being carried out on the 16th September.

Old School Garden and Claypits –. Thanks to John for cutting the grass in time for the Bank Holiday BBQ.
The weeds on the paths at the Old School Garden have been eradicated for the time being, however work still needs to be done strimming etc, any help with this would be appreciated.

Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing our walk around the village, which attracted a few new walkers, next walks as follows;
30th September-  Tenby  1.30pm at Hall or 2pm at North Beach car park
21st October-      Stepaside/Wisemans Bridge
18th November-  Templeton                                                Nigel Bailey
27th January -     Botanical Gardens                                   Nigel Bailey
Tony gave information on National Parks 100 best walks which could be viewed on the internet.
Ken James from Tavernspite is a volunteer with National Parks.
Jill suggested instead of a walk in December that we could have a get together meal, this could be discussed at the next walk to assess interest.           .
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Roberts on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)

Drop in sessions- 29th September will be a Macmillan coffee morning, Jeni from Wanderers Rest is
making cakes and suggested bringing them along to ours as she is having an afternoon Macmillan
fundraiser.

Llanteg Fun Day- Polly was unable to attend the meeting but reported that the fun day was a huge success this year raising the fantastic sum of £2325 plus £465 which is a 20% donation from Tesco making a total of £2790, also £50 was raised for the First Responders.

Main hall lighting- Sue has asked Peter Brace to provide a written estimate for the lighting to support a grant application. Ruth has made an application to the Co-op under their Community funds scheme, however, following completion of forms, we will not hear until January if we are one of three projects to be selected, following which a public voting process takes place to choose which application is awarded 50%of the project cost. Therefore it was decided to pursue other funders, Sue will try Awards For All.

Anniversary Celebrations 2018- Ruth brought along an apron and cap she had made with 1940’s theme for helpers to wear if they wish. There are also printouts from original celebrations to put on display boards.

Defibrillator- Defibrillators have now been sited Llanteg and Amroth halls and also in Amroth village.
Sue to write a letter of thanks to Amroth Community Council for their financial contribution towards this valuable asset in the village.
Sue has made enquiries regarding training, and the First Responders will attend a training session at the hall for anyone interested, it was suggested the 11th October if they are available. Further training sessions could be advertised in the newsletter.

Licensing-The compliance visit took place on the 18th August, a letter of confirmation has now been
received to say there are no issues with the hall premises.

Ludchurch Show- This was held on the 4th August, again well supported with funds raised donated to
Welsh Air Ambulance.
Next year hopefully the show could be advertised more to raise awareness in Llanteg and allow for
more entrants.

WI-FI Connection-Mary has enquired regarding this facility as many public areas now provide this facility for their users and this may encourage more interest in our hall. However we would need a phone line connection for which a rental would be payable, there being no concessions for community buildings through BT or other suppliers.

Any Other Business-
The Community Council have enquired if the Committee are agreeable to placing speed indicator signs
beside the A477, but on hall property, there were no objections to this request.


NEXT MEETING:

Monday November 27th@ 7.30pm




LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION                        
A committee meeting was held on 10th July 2017

Committee Present
Roy James, Sue James,  Ruth Roberts, John James, Fran Rayner, Tony Brinsden, Mary Megarry  and Neville Ruff. 

Apologies
Gwenda Jones, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair, Polly Raymond, and Jill Roberts.

Matters arising
100 Club – The first draw will took place at the Drop- in on Friday 26th May.
The second draw was made during the meeting
1st prize  £30       Jill Roberts
2nd prize £20       Simon Eggington
3rd prize  £12.50  Mollie James
A transfer of £342 has been made to the hall account for the year 2016/17.
The current balance is £772.11
It was agreed that due to there now being 63 members, generating an annual income of £756. Prize money per draw will increase to £30, £20 and £12.50.

---
Village Newsletter and Website – Advertising revenue is £345, resulting in a shortfall of £35, and due to the quality of the newsletter print that we now get, we will remain with the current printers.
Website hosting costs are due in August, however, Matthew Roberts has kindly offered to bear this cost.

Kitchen Improvements – No progress.

External and Internal Maintenance – Simon Eggington to be reminded re replastering in the rear store room.
The Badgers have pressure washed the outside paintwork and paths and cleaned all the plastic windows, doors and fascia, Thanks to them for all their hard work.
Members of the Community Council asked for the hedge to be cut back, to enable the top entrance to be seen more clearly from the main road.
Barbara also asked for the New Life Church sign to be moved as it was restricting visibility when exiting from The Downs and Hillcrest.

Old School Garden and Claypits –Roy asked if the Community Council could help financially with keeping these areas in a neat and tidy condition, originally Peter Hellings was being paid for cutting the grass at the chapel, but now the task has fallen to volunteers.  
The Old School Gardens and Clay Pits need at least two sessions per year to clear paths, cut back growth etc.

Community Walks - Thanks to Jill for organizing our  future walks;
22nd July  -     Coed Ystrad woods Johnstown      Nigel Bailey (meet at Xcel Bowl Johnstown at 2pm)
28th August-   Walk and DIY BBQ at Claypits
30th September-  Tenby
21st October-      Stepaside/Wisemans Bridge
18th November-  Templeton                                                Nigel Bailey
27th January -     Botanical Gardens                                   Nigel Bailey
           .
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Roberts on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)

Drop in sessions - These sessions are still being well supported,
  
Book club - This continues to be well supported with 9 members at present.

Llanteg Fun Day - Polly was unable to attend the meeting but needs as many helpers as possible for the 30th July event, also she has obtained many raffle prizes, and the sale of raffle tickets at the co-op Kilgetty on the 1st July was very successful, the next date is the 15th, anyone available to help on that day, please contact Polly.
Gazeebos also required on the day.

Main hall lighting - Sue has spoken to Peter Brace regarding lighting---. Sue will obtain other costings for comparison and grant purposes, Ruth volunteered to contact the co op as they have community funds available.

Anniversary Celebrations 2018 - Ruth brought along pictures and fabrics for ideas for NAAFI influence, aprons caps etc..

Volunteers- Although this was in the newsletter and local press, and on posters, no one had turned up to either the June or July session, Neville suggested asking volunteers if they could help out at a time convenient to them, and not on a specific day.

Defibrillator- Jim Moffatt and other local PCSO’s took part in a sponsored bike ride from Snowdon to Tenby to raise funds towards their purchase.
Defibrillators are to be placed at Llanteg and Amroth halls and also in Amroth village.
Feedback will be obtained from the Community Council regarding funds for training to use the defibrillators.

Great Get Together- This was a great success and may become an annual event, £10 donation to hall funds was received on the day.

 Correspondence

A letter from the Licensing dept arranging a compliance visit for our Premises Licence on 27th July.

 Forthcoming Events

Ludchurch Show August 4th, Ruth had seen a Facebook page for Ludchurch mentioning the show and thought it would be an idea to ’post’ a Show schedule, Sue will contact organisers of the show to see if this is possible.

A new beginners Bridge club is to be set up in Kilgetty hall in September Tuesdays 2-4pm £2, anyone interested, contact Jill O’Sullivan 01834 812976

Any Other Business

The new clerk to the Community Council is Kathryn Bradbury, Sue to contact regarding payment for committee room for the May and July meetings.

 Mary suggested we should have a WI-FI connection at the hall, as many public areas now provide this facility for their users and this may encourage more interest in our hall.

NEXT MEETING:

Monday September 11th@ 7.30pm



LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION                       
Meeting 15th May 2017

A committee meeting was held on 15th May 2017

Committee Present

Roy James, Sue James, Jill Roberts, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond,  Fran Rayner,  and Neville Ruff. 

Apologies

Tony Brinsden, Gwenda Jones, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair and Mary Megarry.

Matters arising

100 Club – The first draw will take place at the Drop in on Friday 26th May by which time all current subscriptions should have been paid. There are 20 outstanding.
A transfer of £325 plus the cost of a new set of balls £17.80 will be made to the hall account for the year 2016/17.
The current balance of £485.11 in the 100 club account includes direct debit and bank transfer receipts made for 2017/18.

Financial Situation ..............
Newsletter printing costs of £190 are due to be paid, also receipts of £80 for advertising in the newsletter are due.

Village Newsletter and Website –Thanks again to Ruth for her hard work with the newsletter, which is being printed.
The cost of printing has risen from £336 per annum to £396, Advertising revenue is £340, two adverts have been lost, but Ruth has gained three more, the resulting shortfall is now only £56 per year, and the end result and quality of the newsletter is very  good.
Pro print in Carmarthen may be slightly cheaper, but we would need to see a sample for comparison, if we were to change.

Kitchen Improvements – No progress.

External and Internal Maintenance –Simon Eggington has carried out the roof repairs, replaced the manhole covers and made good the surface at the car park exit. When the walls have thoroughly dried out, he will replaster and re paint.
Roy has used weedkiller in the hall car park, which is now taking effect.

Old School Garden and Claypits –Signs have been put at both community areas.
The proposed volunteer working party on the first Friday of the month could help to keep the community areas neat and tidy.

Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing our walks, Blackpool Mill, Freshwater East, and Castlemartin tour were thoroughly enjoyed, and it was decided to make a donation of £20 each to National Parks and Freshwater East Reserve for Nature.
Future walks;
24th June            St Clears                                                  Led by Jill
22nd July            Coed Ystrad woods Johnstown               Nigel Bailey
28th August        Walk and DIY BBQ at Claypits
30th September  Tenby
21st October      Stepaside/Wisemans Bridge
18th November  Templeton                                                Nigel Bailey
27th January      Botanical Gardens                                   Nigel Bailey           .
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Roberts on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)
Drop in sessions- These sessions are still being well supported, we will make enquiries regarding using a mini bus(Bloomfield or Voluntary services) for trips out.Book club- This continues to be well supported.

Llanteg Fun Day- Polly reported that plans were well under way for the fun day, and appealed for as many helpers as possible for the 30th July event, also she has obtained many raffle prizes, raffle tickets are on order and co-op Kilgetty will allow the sale of tickets in store on a date to be decided.
Gazeebos also required on the day.

Main hall lighting- Sue has spoken to Peter Brace regarding lighting, he will install a sample light so that hall users, in particular Short Mat Bowlers, can assess how effective new lighting would be.

Anniversary Celebrations 2018-  Roy suggested  that there could be a 1940’s theme, with possibly some ideas from the Tin Shed in Laugharne, videos, DVD’s, wartime memorabilia, NAAFI.

Volunteers- This is being advertised in the newsletter for the first Friday of the month, an appeal for helpers to come along to help clean and tidy the hall and community areas.

Defibrillator-  The Tenby and Saundersfoot first responders had attended the PACT meeting and the Community Council meeting with the aim of placing Defibrillators at halls and schools,
Jim Moffatt our local PCSO is taking part in a sponsored bike ride from Anglesey to Pembrokeshire to raise funds towards their purchase.


Correspondence

Rates- We have had notification that for the coming year we are still zero rated.



 Forthcoming Events


Great Get Together-  Theri Bailey has enquired regarding this non political event being held nationally in memory of Jo Cox , around the anniversary of her death. Ruth will contact Theri for more details, and a flyer could be delivered with the newsletter to advertise an afternoon get together on the 18th June in the Hall.

Any Other Business

Electricity contract- Our two year contract with SSE Swalec is due for renewal in July, Roy obtained quotations from various suppliers, and eventually managed to obtain a very favourable rate from our present supplier, who have agreed a fixed price for the next two years. 

NEXT MEETING: 


     Monday July 10th @ 7.30pm


LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
 20th MARCH 2017

A committee meeting was held on 20th March 2017

Committee Present
Sue James, Jill Roberts, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond, Tony Brinsden, Mary Megarry, Fran Rayner, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair, and Neville Ruff.

Apologies
Roy James, and Gwenda Jones.
Also present were Vicky Hinman and friend Joanne, also Caz Pattison-Phillips had planned to attend but had to send her apologies.

Matters arising
100 Club – The sixth draw will take place at the Drop- in on Friday 31st March.
All Cheques from previous draws have been presented.
The renewal date for subscriptions is the 1st April, a considerable number of members are now paying by standing order, Mary will compile a list of any members paying by cash or cheque to ensure these can be collected in time for the first draw in May.
A new set of balls is to be purchased.
Village Newsletter and Website – The deadline for the next newsletter is 15th April for copy, and advertisements to be paid for by 1st April.
There will be a reminder for 100 club membership.
Front page will advertise Llanteg Fun Day 30th July.
It was agreed to extend the delivery date to ensure that the Council election results could be included in this edition.
Llanteg Facebook page is also being used to publicise, walks, drop-ins, book club as well as news items.
Kitchen Improvements – No progress.
External and Internal Maintenance –Sue has again spoken to Simon Eggington regarding doing the repair work on the hall, he has promised to do the work this week, weather permitting.
Old School Garden and Claypits –The quantity of chippings which had been placed (by Alan Davies of Trenewydd) at the entrance to the Clay Pits had been a great improvement, however, vehicles are still turning in the entrance, causing damage, Tony will ask Alan to place some more chippings when he is available. John stated the grassed area contains a considerable amount of moss.
Ruth will obtain information signs for both community areas.
Community Walks - Thanks to Jill for organizing our walks, the Botanical Gardens and Penally walks were thoroughly enjoyed by all, despite the weather on both occasions, and she has arranged the following :
March 25th - Blackpool Mill 1.30pm
April 29th - Freshwater East Vicky Tomlinson
May 7th Castlemartin (mini bus tour, places must be booked) National Parks
A donation will be made to National Parks, as no charge is made for their guided walks.
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Roberts on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)
Drop in sessions - Two sessions have already been held, start time is now 10.30am. Both dates were well supported, Jim Moffatt our local PCSO attended, with some welcome tips on various scams etc to be aware of, thanks to Carolyn for providing the delicious cake.
Book club - Mary has set up a monthly book club, and has already had one meeting in February with 7 people present, others are interested, and it was decided anyone wishing to join should contact Mary initially and if numbers continue to increase possibly another club could be set up. The next meeting is on 4th April hosted by Carolyn. The format being the host is the person who decides the book title.
Other venues can be the village hall, pubs, cafes etc.
Llanteg Fun Day - Polly reported that plans were well under way for the fun day, and appealed for as many helpers as possible for the 30th July event.
Hall users insurance - Sue has reminded hirers that any equipment they bring into the hall and any activities they take part in must be insured by themselves as they are not covered by the hall insurance.
Main hall lighting -Sue will obtain quotes from Peter Brace and Garwood to replace the lighting in the hall, the main condition for bowling purposes, being they still run lengthwise along the hall.

Correspondence
The annual Charity Commission return has been completed.
Quilters Guild of Great British Isles have a hall booking for 14th October,
Tenby and Saundersfoot Community First Responders aim to place a defibrillator at all schools and hallsin South Pembrokeshire in 2017, and are looking for support to fund the £1500 needed for each one, a discussion followed regarding siting, training , maintenance etc. Further information would be required regarding this project.

Forthcoming Events
Anniversary Celebrations 2018 - This to be held on 14th January, Ruth has already purchased tablecloths and novelty items to reflect raffle prizes from the original opening night raffle in 1948, these will be supplemented with more up to date prizes on the night!

Any Other Business
Donations box - £2 donation had been received at the Feb Drop-in session, we will need to provide a donations box in the hall.
Swapping Skills - Barbara suggested that a skills swop would be helpful in the village, where people could post an offer of certain skills in exchange for another, however we would be unable as a committee, as with the newsletter, to provide recommendations, it would be a purely personal choice.
We concluded that maybe people networking at the drop in coffee mornings on an informal basis may be the best way to proceed for now. The formal Good Neighbours Group which was set up a few years ago did not have much of a take-up and was eventually discontinued.
Volunteers needed - Neville suggested a fairly regular weekday morning get-together for volunteers to help out with various community tasks which need to be managed, eg cleaning the plastic on exterior of village hall, grass cutting and weeding at all community areas, cleaning the bus shelter and anything else to keep our village spruced up!
NEXT MEETING:
Monday May 15th @ 7.30pm


ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MONDAY 23rd JANUARY 2017
Present
Sue James, Tony Brinsden, John James, Jill Roberts, Polly Raymond, Ruth Roberts, Gwenda Jones and Mary Megarry.

Apologies
Roy James, Barbara Sinclair, Kevin Caley and Neville Ruff.

Sue James chaired the meeting in Roy’s absence.

Minutes of Previous AGM
These were confirmed.

Treasurer’s Report
Llanteg Village Hall Association Treasurer’s Report
Year Ended Oct 2016

The Association ended the financial year with a healthy cash balance.
In terms of Income and Expenditure, there was a decrease in income, most notably Hall Hire, which was down 12.1% but this was offset by a significant decrease in utility costs and the level of repairs & maintenance compared to 2015, where there was a programme of kitchen refurbishment and general repairs.  Power costs have also decreased which has helped.
We continue to received regular income.
We are grateful for the 100% increase in donations from £90 in 2015 to £180 this year. The Newsletter cost very slightly more this year resulting in only £16 net income (2015: £51), but this was due to the switch to colour printing, which has been appreciated by the recipients and should prove more attractive to advertisers, thereby bringing in more income.
Owing to the current financial situation, despite being in funds and with a healthy savings account balance, we only received £5 bank interest.
The 100 club again contributed £319 towards funds. Membership is still available and efforts will be made to increase membership during early 2017. This will then result in more funds for the Hall, together with engaging more villagers to use the hall and it remain at the heart of the community.

                                                                                                Mary Megarry
                                                                                                            23 January 2017


Chairman’s Report
 Llanteg Village Hall Chairman’s Report 2016

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, my apologies for not being able to attend this evening.
However, my thanks to you all for attending the AGM and more importantly for the support and time you’ve all given during 2016, all of which is deeply appreciated.

I express thanks to our Treasurer Mary for her thorough financial statement and for all her hard work on our behalf. Personally, I hope that Mary continues in this role in the forthcoming year.

My thanks go to our Secretary Sue James for the efficient manner in which she carries out her duties, meeting and talking with people and ensuring things run smoothly.
In addition, my appreciation goes to Ruth Roberts as our Publicity Officer for all her work and good ideas, especially for the work she puts into the village web site and news letter. The latter is now self financing and has become a very effective means of communicating with all of our community!

My appreciation for the entire committee’s enthusiasm and efforts over the past year, since without your support and inspiration, this hall could not survive.

As for hall finances:
Although income from hall is slightly down on the previous year our net profit has risen and this is mainly due to lower maintenance/repair costs.
The 100 club remains an important part of our income stream and thanks go out to all who support it, don’t forget “you’ve got to be in it to win it”.

This all means that our current and savings accounts remain in a healthy state.

Therefore a huge thanks to our very loyal supporters; Llanteg and Badgers short mat bowls clubs, Llanteg History Society, Snowdrops, Piloxing and New Life Church. Along with those who support us by holding functions and meetings here, thanks to you all.

Turning to the community:
In the summer we had our first “Llanteg Fun Day” which was organised by Jo and Polly Raymond and this was a resounding success, raising £1,400 for the Welsh Air Ambulance Service. We all had a great day and crowds turned up to make it a resounding success. Well done Jo and Polly, this is what community spirit is all about, huge thanks to you and everyone else who worked to make this possible.

Many thanks to John James, who throughout the year spends time cutting grass and weeding at both the Village Green and Clay pits. It won’t be long before those weeds return, so please spare some time to weed and cut grass with us in March?

Finally, thanks go to Jill Roberts (Chatwin) for organising our community walks throughout the past year, which after this winter I’m sure we are all looking forward to more walks in 2017.

Thank you.

Roy James

Election of Committee

The following Officers were elected:

Chairman – Roy James
Secretary – Sue James
Treasurer _ Mary Megarry
100 Club –  Mary Megarry

Ruth Roberts agreed to continue as Publicity Officer, running the village website and compiling the Newsletter.

Jill Roberts is our Community walks co-ordinator

Sue James agreed to continue as Minutes Secretary.

All the existing members present agreed to stay on the Committee.

This concluded the AGM


LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONMeeting 23rd January 2017

A committee meeting was held on 23rd January following the AGM

Present
Sue James, Jill Roberts, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond, Gwenda Jones, Tony Brinsden, and Mary Megarry.

Apologies
Roy James,  Barbara Sinclair, Kevin Caley and Neville Ruff.

Matters arising

100 Club – The fifth draw was carried out,
1st prize, Jean Mortimer (No.59) £25;
 2nd prize, Audrey James (No.13) £15;
 3rd prize,  Joan Robinson (No.3), £10.
All Cheques from previous draws have been presented.

Village Newsletter and Website – The deadline for the next newsletter is 15th April.
Unfortunately we have lost £40 of advertising space due to the closure of the High Noon Stores.
Ruth is hoping that she is able to encourage new advertisers to make up for this loss.
It was agreed to continue using the current printers, as we all feel the colour printing is a great improvement.
The only annual expense for the website is approximately £32, Matthew Roberts kindly hosts our website saving us any further expense. The Committee are very grateful to Matthew for this.

Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted.
External and Internal Maintenance
–Sue had spoken to Simon Eggington regarding doing the repair work on the hall.

Old School Garden and Claypits –The quantity of chippings which have been placed (by Alan Davies of Trenewydd) at the entrance to the Clay Pits have been a great improvement.

Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing our walks, and she has arranged the following :

February  25th -   Penally   1.30pm                                          Vicky Tomlinson
March 25th -        Blackpool Mill 1.30pm                                  Dave Kerrison
April 29th    -        Freshwater East                                           Vicky Tomlinson
May  7th             Castlemartin  (mini bus tour, places must be booked)     National Parks  

For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)

Pre Christmas get-together
This evening was a great success, with about 40 people present, being welcomed by Polly and Hope with mulled wine on entry. The bring your own food worked well, with more than enough for everyone.
Instead of this being a pre Christmas event this year, Ruth suggested it would be a good idea to celebrate our hall’s 70 years anniversary in January 2018, a provisional date of the 14th is planned for this. This will also be another opportunity for any new residents to the village to come along.

Electrical inspection
This has been carried out by Peter Brace, though no invoice to date.

 Correspondence
 An entry form for the Pembrokeshire festivals brochure 2017 produced by PLANED  has been received and returned requesting an entry for the Llanteg Fun Day. on 30th July. Starting at 12pm.

    Forthcoming Events
 Drop in sessions - These to begin on January 27th @9.30am in the form of a coffee morning on the last
 Friday of each month.
 Sue will get supplies for this.
 Ruth will advertise this on “ Pembrokeshire what’s on website”  in addition to posters, village website etc.

 Book Club
    Mary is setting up a monthly book club, and has already had five expressions of interest, the aim is to read a set book and then meet, either in houses, pubs, or the village hall, for a discussion about the book.  

Any Other Business

 Llanteg Fun Day
This year the fun day will be held on the 30th July , Polly has contacted Valero, in the hope of being able to use the marquee which they kindly loaned last year.

Hall users insurance
Ruth felt it would be a good idea to remind all hirers that any equipment they bring into the hall and any activities they take part in must be insured by themselves as they are not covered by the hall insurance.

Main hall lighting
Sue suggested we need to upgrade the lighting in the main hall, the fluorescent tubes are inefficient, and the holders in need of attention, quotes to be obtained from Garwood and Peter Brace.
However Mary felt we should contact our main users, who are the bowls clubs, to find out what lighting is preferable before obtaining any figures.


NEXT MEETING:

Monday March 20th @ 7.30pm